Friday 2 April 2021

Painting Picts

 Every week I am involved in a Zoom game . A friend hosts and moves the figures etc while the rest of us, me and my opponent, make tactical decisions and moan about the dice throwing. We have been playing Dark Age skirmish games of late and our host has been tweaking the rules to give us a better game. It is good fun and has eased lockdown isolation.  I committed to fielding a Pictish Force for next Friday’s game and have been working on them . They need to march to the battlefield, sorry be posted. This morning with sun streaming in the window I got the tray out and painted in bed. First time I have ever done this and it was most restful. I am getting on well and am mulling over finishing the DBM army , of which these are a fraction, for when face to face gaming can take place. ..




8 comments:

  1. Painting in bed?! The ways of the retired :) Why not I say. Haven't got my head round zoom yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the sun blazing again this morning, after a frost , in a cold house it has worked well again painting in bed. Wish I had thought of it ages ago. House is quiet and still, a chance to take things forward a little.

      Delete
  2. Painting in bed sounds a recipe for accidents but enjoy. Whose figures are you using for your Picts? I mean which manufacturer I'm not questioning that they're yours!
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen, some are Foundry from way back, some are 1st Corps, a lot are Black Tree Design and a few are bits and bobs I have collected over the years. The Pictish Project has been on the back burner and off it for far more years than I care to recall. I would like to try to take it forward...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me think of my favorite poem, "The Land of Counterpane!" I Googled the images and it was fun to see how different artists interpreted children playing with their soldiers in bed! Thanks a lot Alan, you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great favourite here too. There are some lovely pictures illustrating it around.

      Delete
  5. Painting in bed is possibly the ultimate in decadence, yet as you say, eminently sensible in the circumstances ( also revisiting childhood? ).
    Just be careful with those open paint pots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Limited paint used on the tray and squeezed onto a dish/pallet. I can’t face the thought of a disaster!

    ReplyDelete