Thursday 23 February 2023

Books old and new

 Been looking at these from the Ducal Library today for inspiration-


Excellent reads both of them and filled with great practical ideas for modelling . Well worth a look if you are thinking of doing some winter wargaming.

I was in Blend a.m and l picked these up from their vintage/ second hand book section-

I have been a long time Rodney Matthews fan. My teenage and early twenties bedroom featured a large Elric with dragons poster as well as having the Rodney Matthews calendar quite a few years. I do like the way the seller of the books adds these post it notes with comments and price inside each book.
Delighted with my purchases.

P.S does anyone know of any figure range with a Matthews vibe. I can’t but someone out there might know better…

6 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of Pat Smith. Sounds interesting, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s an enjoyable read giving one building a year for the time duration with a picture and text for it.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
    2. Coffee hasn’t sunk in yet , I thought you referred to the architect book. The scenic ones are full of step by step pictures, interesting ideas and great suggestions.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. The Rodney Matthews book looks very nice - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will. Lots of stuff I have not seen before like illustrations relating to Mervyn Peake & C S Lewis for example.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete