Tuesday 21 February 2023

On the workbench- MLS

 Having based almost all of the 1790 big battalions l’m currently turning my attention to MLS. On the workbench are some mountain troops, an assault unit, mortar with team, anti tank rifle, officers and the newly released cavalry figures. Units to fit a hex are five/six infantry or for a cavalry unit one mounted and two dismounted. These will be used with Brian’s splendid Memories of ‘34 rules which are fun and suitably different from other games I play. Here is what I was working on today-


P.S currently working on some ideas for mountain terrain, more anon…

6 comments:

  1. A mountainous idea that would seem suitable that I saw long ago, did the mountains as a two dimensional cut out with balconies to put the troops at different levels. It was not only simple and elegant but took up relatively little table space. This might be just right for MLS.
    I think the original was for the NW Frontier.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting idea. I have tried something like that before for use at the back of a gaming table. The current ones will probably be on a hex mat and will be viewed from all sides. When I bought the mat second hand it came with mdf hexes as hills . I working on those whilst thinking of what to put in the middle for height. Tried a reinforced battered cone but didn’t like the look of it. Perhaps carved foam or even garden stones is the way to go…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Great looking figures Tradgardmastare - especially the mounted one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I’m excited by the cavalry and mountain troops too. Blocked in basic colours last night, c9ming along nicely so far…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Good idea for the cavalry unit. I was thinking of a mounted unit replaced by a dismounted unit but your way makes better use of the figure packs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the endorsement. I feel it is the way forward with the cavalry for me.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete