Saturday 10 December 2011

Snow,no, Elks and a map question...


After the storms of Thursday we awoke to snow lying a few inches deep this Saturday. Life is hectic here and it is busy with different family members needing to be diverse places at diverse times.I am working this Sunday ( Cooperative Learning 9- 4.30 leaving home at before 7am) with the course continuing Monday & Tuesday .I will not be at school theses days therefore & can't make up my mind wheter this is a good or bad thing.

A recent post at the Duchy of Stollen - http://grandduchyofstollen.blogspot.com/
talks of "No Days" - a need to just have some R&R for oneself/family at this time of year.I feel the Duke of Stollen has an excellent point to make there.

Finally a confession- I love elks ( or Moose to our American friends) and think they are fascinating animals.Here is one from the Black Forest (bought by Jan in Oct in Peebles) which I was given today as we approach Christmas . He will feature in our decorations this year.
Finally my school was having a clear out and kindly gave me some 1966 25 inches to the mile maps of where I grew up in Edinburgh.Any hobby thoughts about how I could utilise such fascinating reminders of my youth?

1 comment:

  1. I have a desk that my computer equipment etc is on.

    There is a glass sheet on top of the desk.

    Under this sheet of glass (very thick) I have a few maps of the area from Energy Mines & resources ... keeping me mindful of the ground where I am.

    Another thought would be to make a poster or wallpaper section of the maps?

    ReplyDelete