Friday 8 July 2022

Building Baron Brian’s retinue

 As my first retinue nears completion, needing only a name and a final coat of paint, I have commenced on a second one-


As all these figures were kindly given to me by Brian C I  have decided to name it Baron Brian’s Retinue. The letter B was written on the underside of each base and a uniform livery of red/yellow adopted. I have added spears to some figures, replacement heads for the knights on the way and a bombard for the artillery crew to use , preferably without blowing it up.  Baron Brian can be seen on his horse at the back of the photo. He has somehow persuaded his personal chaplain and steward to take up the spear too. Eagle eyed readers might spot his wife too, with her ladies in waiting to arrive soon. I like the idea of these original Lammings fighting together as a single retinue. More on this project anon…

10 comments:

  1. This a good mixture of figures, and a balanced force.
    Question. Can the good baron trace his lineage back to the Holy Land in the time of Our Lord? To the Brian who was Not the Messaiah..
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He fear he is a Brian whose lineage is not that Brian of infamy. This medieval Brian is not just a naughty boy.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. A nice looking little retinue there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. Shouldn’t be too long until they get worked on further…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Still painting at this end but making definite progress. I forgot that I'd have to think up names: that's gonna be fun!
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Ronnie, the names are indeed part of fun! Perhaps something with a Scottish theme?
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel honoured by having a retinue named after me. I look forward to tales of their feats of derring-do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch this space…
      Delighted to name the retinue after its kind benefactor.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. Mediaevals are so satisfying; you can have a small collection and yet they still look impressive, and skirmish games are always fun. One day I'd like to do some mediaeval flags too, given the time and energy. Look forward to developments with these...

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ll look forward to the flags David. What you say re medievals is very true.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete