Saturday 16 July 2022

There and back again

 Arrived home yesterday to a rainy Edinburgh, with large puddles on the runway. It was gone by lunchtime. Various garden plants have not liked the heat in my absence and I spent part of yesterday trying to save them. I moan about the weather but extreme temperatures are not my thing. I guess a decent summer followed by a decent winter, in other words sun in summer and snow in winter, would be nice but I have no right to complain.  Hope you all manage to stay safe and cool in the coming days.

Newquay airport prior to checking in yesterday and the flight as it said farewell to Cornwall 

The books I bought and posted ( no baggage allowance ) arrived yesterday having been posted Thursday in the morning. Excellent service. Flags, figures and finials are coming together nicely for 1790 with the enjoyment of selecting bases sizes ahead. Other projects are waiting attention. Heat is adversely affecting my eczema and making it harder to sleep. Will probably not do much over the weekend but a little planning , light painting and pottering about… 

12 comments:

  1. Happy Pottering Alan! No risk of overheating where I am - its winter and we have just endured 8-10 days of relentless rain! Better day today however, and Sunday is forecast to be sunny too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relentless rain, sounds awful. Hope the weather improved.
      Restless rain is a good excuse for hobby activity to be focussed upon.
      Alan
      Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Welcome home, Alan!
    (Cripes, I'd better finish these figures).
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, you had…:)

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good holiday. Take care in the 'Big Heat' If it does reach 40 here in London I'll be taking it easy and painting will be out as it's not easy when the paint dries on the brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds a plan! I will too.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. I don't do well in heat, which for me is anything above about 78F/25C. Much more of an autumn/winter person. At least we don't get a lot of really hot days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lie low, read and potter, that’s what I say!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. Welcome back, Alan. I wish the weather down here in the Midlands was going to be as "cool" as up in Scotland - with 40 degrees probably Monday and possibly Tuesday we shall certainly be battening down the hatches and staying indoors. Hope you manage some decent sleep and the eczema does not play up too badly. With luck the temperatures should be down to something sensible for all of us in the UK by next Wednesday so we just need to hang on until then... I'm looking forward to seeing your flags once the printing order arrives next week.. It will be even better to see them in action with your troops! :-)

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing flags and fodfolk together too!
      Lying low until Wednesday is a plan for all of us who can.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. Hot weather here as well, I wish it would rain! Our climate is too dry for that. We’ve escaped this weekend by staying on the coast!? Sorry to hear about the plants, we’ve given up on all but succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Succulents can look splendid together. The plants are my fault, should have thought ahead more sensibly!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete