Wednesday 20 July 2022

Tanks etc

 A while back I put up a picture on Facebook homecasts page of a semi flat tank I would have liked to have recruited more of. James Mc kindly got in touch and sent me a package l was finally able to pick up this morning-

It contained a mould and eight resin tanks, here pictured beside my metal original one l photographed.This afternoon I undercoated the tanks and some semi flat figures. I have gone with a light blue uniform, echoing the uniforms of a kingdom whose monarch nearly bankrupted his country building castles. I am still thinking of camouflage ideas for the tanks…


Many thanks to James for his kindness and generosity.




13 comments:

  1. Interesting! I look forward to seeing them based and painted (they don't look wide enough to not need bases?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narrow basing should improve stability as they are light.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Great little tanks!
    I like the last picture - Gormenghast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed. I discovered Mervyn Peake in my late teens when I asked a friend what was the magnificent castle that featured in a painting they had done. He told me , l read the first book and have been a fan ever since. What did you think of the BBC adaptation with Sting as Steerpike?
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. That's just madness....😁
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But a specially wonderful type of curated madness 😊
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. I thought light wedgewood blue with a white trim would look very unusual camouflage ...

    Or some Norwegian campaign rust https://youtu.be/jtk7K9e81KA
    or maybe Afghan Rust https://youtu.be/iP9huCf-iZM

    And just for good measure how to fit a very happy tall man or two into this military gokart https://youtu.be/mPkMn158Fwo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fascinating footage Mark! The final one was really interesting in terms of speed , size and effectiveness. Still debating with myself what colour scheme btw…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I agree, semi flat tanks, what is not to like?

      Delete
    2. Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. That's the sort of thing I like about the blogoshere! Well done James!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fellow bloggers are so helpful and generous, that what l like about the blogosphere too, amongst many other things .
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete