Sunday 31 December 2023

Friday and Saturday

Friday saw three of us working out the melee rules from the new Osprey ACW rules. Useful session. A training event rather than a game which I hope will prove useful in the next big game.
Snow today , Saturday,in the Duchy. Coffee at Prost this morning. Snow continued for a bit , lay for sometime but has gone , to be replaced by heavy rain.
A steadfast tin soldier ( in the form of a 25mm Minifigs Napoleonic French cavalryman) stands guard in all weathers on one of the alpine planters. 
 Later on in the day there was another thoroughly enjoyable meeting of the Virtual Wargames Club. Excellent company, inspiration, puns and more. Thanks to that steadfast company for their comradeship in the year coming to an end and before.

This evening found me watching the film “ Saltburn” and I can’t make up my mind whether I enjoyed it or not. Hmm not sure.

1 comment:

  1. The Guardsman is perhaps a veteran of Eylau.
    I agree about the Virtual Wargame Club and we are always open to new members who are free on some Saturday evenings.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete