Friday 13 May 2022

Back home

 Got back last night and went to collect this parcel this morning from the Post Office. I had purchased them at the end of the month and they had been unable to be delivered in my absence. The figures were a good price but some are in need of tlc. Here they are unpacked-

Some useful cowboys and red coated infantry/ highlanders to add to my units.
I particularly bought them for the four Mexicans. I have never owned them before. I will probably give them heads sans sombreros to allow use as Albion armed civilians. A useful German officer for interwar service too.
These were the other great draw for me, three splendid French soldiers and three Greeks. Again  I have never owned these figures before and find them full of old toy soldier charm.
Quite a lot of work to be done on these to get them ready for the tabletop or garden. Need to raid the war chest for some Tradgardland Thalers to buy a few arms and heads…




11 comments:

  1. You certainly put a fair bit of effort into restoring all these old gems, look forward to seeing them in all their former glory in the not too distant future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the colour schemes for these Britain’s Mexicans is here. Nice collection of figures to repair: https://manoftinblog.wordpress.com/2021/09/02/jacklex-birthday-mexicans/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of pics of Britain’s evzones online such as https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/18510/lot/1022/?category=list
      They could almost be “King Ottakar’s Sceptre” type Guards from the Tintin front cover.

      Delete
    2. Interestingly mine have traces of pinkish red left on them for the jackets and hat. Wonder if it is original paint?
      Alan

      Delete
    3. There was a red paint scheme for some Britain’s evzones - link here - see also links to other Bonhams sales of evzones: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/16764/lot/178A/?category=list#/!

      Delete
  3. I am doing quite a lot of work on busted up old figures like this and I look forward to your finished results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good fun isn’t it. Not to mention very satisfying.
      Alan

      Delete
  4. A very nice haul, I will look forward to seeing your work on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased with my haul. A most interesting collection.
      Alan

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Indeed.
      Alan
      P.s am enjoying your blog currently but unable to comment.

      Delete