Tuesday 3 May 2022

Going back to my roots- Winter War , decision games

 I played a lot of SPI and Avalon Hill games a long time ago. I haven’t played one for years. Today Gordon came round and we tried out Winter War set in 1940. I was amazed how it came back to me , ZOC , stacking etc. I wasn’t prepared for how engaging it would be. Time flew by and at the end of the afternoon the game board was videoed for next time ( so we could start from where we left it) and most importantly  I was left with a desire to further learn the intricacies of the game. Most enjoyable indeed.





5 comments:

  1. Board Wargaming offers up a different flavor of Wargaming than miniatures Wargaming. I enjoy both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite agree! I had forgotten how much fun it is and absorbing too. Time flew by…
      Alan

      Delete
  2. I have never come to grips with boardgaming I'm afraid , although I do like C&C Ancients .

    ReplyDelete
  3. C& C is great fun especially if played with figures. At the last Woking games day l played Germans v Romans using c&c and 54mm figures. Visually pleasing and loads of fun.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nostalgia....not what it used to be. James Shepherd commenting.

    ReplyDelete