Tuesday 31 May 2022

Surprise!

 I was round yesterday for a 15th century game of dbm. It is some time since we played there due to a variety of circumstances. He had deployed his army and then covered it with cloth as hidden deployment.My fellow Swiss general and I set up our troops and the cloth was removed from his force revealing their deployment. What a surprise, l could not believe my eyes. I had expected Burgundians but they were not present. Instead ,a glorious panoply of lead and plastic ,was a Lancastrian Army! I was speechless for once. Evidently my opponent had been secretly building up , painting and basing the army over winter. A splendid effort P, well done, tremendous effort.

We started a game which we will finish next week, here are a few photos-








6 comments:

  1. Some very nice figures on display - I do hope the surprise was a pleasant one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was until my Swiss succumbed to attacks by light horse and some good shooting from the Lancastrian bows :)
      Alan

      Delete
  2. Great looking game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does put on a visually pleasing game and table.
      Alan

      Delete
  3. Great looking and fun looking!
    -Mardigan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is on both accounts.
    Alan
    P.s thanks for the super Hobbit artwork you put up on your blog, most inspiring. I still find myself unable to leave comments on your blog, much to my annoyance and frustration.

    ReplyDelete