Wednesday 11 May 2022

Cambridge

 Thanks to those kind folk who suggested things to see and do in Cambridge. I loved the place. Spent most of my time wandering about soaking up the atmosphere by osmosis, in fact walked nine miles around the city centre. The clock was amazing, Heffers full of temptation and the Fitzwilliam Museum a joy. A few highlights-

Hockney exhibition at the Fitzwilliam Museum.




More photos-





Next time I must go on to Ipswich. I have a great wish to see Sutton Hoo. I have known of it since boyhood, seen the helmet in the British Museum and love the novel ( latterly a film too) about the discovery and dig.


10 comments:

  1. Some more nice pics of your travels! Sutton Hoo would be a great place to visit...so many potential historical sites in the UK (and Europe in general)... It's one thing we are a bit short on down here in the New World...mind you, we have got day after day of sunshine in late Autumn, so it's not all bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day after day… sounds terrific.
      Alan

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Cambridge - it looks lovely though .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,well worth a visit.
      Alan

      Delete
  3. Sutton Hoo is definitely worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely on a to do list …
      Alan

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting about your travels! I really enjoy the beautiful sights, especially of places I’ve dreamed of going and never been. Looking forward to the next installment!

    -Mardigan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying the pictures…
      Alan

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed my couple days in Cambridge about 10 years ago. I would really like to see Sutton Hoo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great place, almost iconic to many.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete