Sunday 8 May 2022

Go West

 Yesterday saw me going West to meet my youngest and her boyfriend for brunch. I always enjoy a trip to Glasgow as there are fine buildings and lots happening around town. Excellent buskers of many different genres added to the fun. I took two photos only. This beautiful eighteenth century building known as The Tobacco Merchant’s House and this sculpture in Buchanan Street Bus Station called The Winchers Stance.



I got over excited this morning as I was able to leave a comment on a blog with ease but very disappointed to find that this was a one off . Nothing changes!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to catch up with the offspring! Thank goodness its tobacco the merchant made his money out of - although even that may some day cause a name change or demands for explanatory boards on the evils of smoking and the tobacco trade.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something has certainly changed. Hope this works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needs a name and a URL which it didn't ask for before.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to say I missed Glasgow on both of my visits to Scotland. The first time our GPS misled us into going around the city rather than through it, and the next we were more focused on going to Ireland next. We did make it to Dumbarton Castle, though, which had some fantastic views.

    There is a lot there I hope to see someday.

    ReplyDelete