Saturday 11 April 2020

You can’t win them all...

I have just unboxed the second package of flats which arrived yesterday afternoon.
I wasn’t expecting them to be as charming as the ones I posted about yesterday but they were a reasonable price and I thought they would swell the ranks after some TLC on arrival. However I had not read their description thoroughly enough-
They are much smaller when compared to one of the others. More like 20mm than the 30mm size of the  chap on the left. I must confess I am a tad disappointed and will leave them aside as I think what to do with the new arrivals. I can’t make up my mind if they would be ok in their own units as part of a game against the 30mm troops. I will have a think.


12 comments:

  1. More will no doubt turn up. You have a smaller skirmish force anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a double thickness base for them ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried it as an experiment,jury’s still out, we will see.

      Delete
  3. Put them at the far side of the table and claim you intended them to add perspective as done in dioramas and painting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bit of a shame but they're nice figures all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are but lack the omff of the 30mm chaps.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear they we not what you were expecting. Happens to all of us from time time.

    20mm flats are quite uncommon in the Uk. I have a few from a later period, but I think this is the first ancient period ones I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is no big deal in the scheme of things. I had never come across 20mm ones and interested you have some.

      Delete
  6. Ach! Sorry to hear that. We’ve all made similar mistakes. But you’ve still got what you wanted and something will turn up for the less wanted set.

    ReplyDelete