Tuesday 4 August 2020

A few new arrivals

These arrived today. They were really well packaged and they are just waiting for restoration.
 The shed seen of the restoration process and County cricket on the radio. The work bench earlier today. They have moved on well this afternoon but need more work. Sadly running out of superglue stopped play.
I was keen to bid for this lot on eBay for a number of reasons. Firstly the Roundheads are opposition for the Cavaliers I restored last week. They need far less intensive work, mainly swords and some limbs reattached. Secondly I am fascinated by the Cherliea depiction of ancient warriors and this lot contained two great examples. Finally I was taken by the WW2 figures useful in my skirmish gaming. One will be that famous Albion general Monty Don ( so called for his pre war career in academia) and another fellow whose arm needs replacing.


11 comments:

  1. I remember having that 'Monty' figure , my father didn't like Montgomery said he kept him waiting in a field in France in the pouring rain to make a speech .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Monty as a boy too, my father just missed the war and did his national service in the desert with the dental corps, all mobile units and foot operated drills , not to mention people with wee bags of gold to be used to make there fillings. No Monty for him.

      Delete
  2. The naval officer belongs to the Lone star Harvey Naval landing party reissued by Timpo a few years ago but now OOP. Like this one, my family childhood one has / had no moveable arm, long lost. http://www.angelfire.com/biz/toysoldierhq/Lonestar.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the figure ( reminds me of films like The Cruel Sea, on which we serve(?) etc with Noel Coward etc in those splendid duffle coats) I look forward to seeing him in use in a game ...

      Delete
  3. Great set of figures Tradgardmastare - I particularly like the old sea dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a most useful link, interesting to see some old friends...

      Delete
  4. I like the Navy-Sea Captain- if I'm right he use to have a movable left arm and in his hand held a pair of Binoculars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to amend his arm,never thought of that .

      Delete