Wednesday 30 December 2020

A really niece gift

 A surprise gift arrived yesterday from my niece and her partner. A most welcome and generous gift-

It is about the Arts and Crafts movement in Poland , something I knew virtually nothing about. It is part of a forthcoming exhibition in the William Morris Gallery in  Walthamstow, London commencing in August 2021.  I would really like to go to that exhibition and it is the first time I have made plans in my mind to travel to a particular event. Like many folk I have mused over visiting favourite places but this is the nearest to reality. So Walthamstow 2021 , that’s a date!
The above is a link to an interesting introductory video about the exhibition.


 

6 comments:

  1. This looks a great exhibition (and book) - the Tatra Mountains photos are very interesting. I have forwarded this video link to a Polish artist friend of our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely I was drawn to those very same photos Mark. I hope your friend finds the link interesting.

      Delete
  2. I used to live around the corner from the William Morris gallery! Perhaps ironically, soon after I left it had a major makeover - it's very good if you are interested in that period and style. Let's hope you can get there for the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world! I am very much interested in that period and style so really looking forward to a visit.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for flagging this up. Some of that work is stunning. I’m not massively into Arts & Crafts but I’ve just ordered the book for my sister who is.

    If things are open I think I’ll book to go to the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sister will love the book. Already my two arty daughters are oohing and ahhing over the illustrations. I am optimistic about the exhibition happening, I really am. Something to look towards these dark days of midwinter.

    ReplyDelete