Sunday 6 December 2020

Brushes and books

I sent the above to a friend and her family this Christmas.It is a beautiful book with almost achingly beautiful illustrations and a lovely story. I still really enjoy this book myself.
Weeks ago I ordered this brush restorer. It finally arrived the other day. I have a pot of neglected brushes which were duly dipped in it for 24 hours. Afterwards they were washed with a little soap and the residual acrylic paint washed off. The brushes are usable once more. I would recommend the product. I don’t buy expensive brushes but am glad to have my stock replenished.


 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book review. I have ordered two for grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough I recently bought some of this, or something very similar (don't want to disturb the pack of hounds cuddled up with me on the couch in order to check the brand). Very useful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A time comes when it is try this or bin for the brushes!

      Delete
  3. Never read any Lindgren. The twins used to watch the cartoons of Pippi Longstocking but I had trouble following it because it was dubbed into Finnish. Ditto with a couple of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, personally speaking, prefer tomten in the farm to elf on the shelf.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the brush tip. I'll try some to help restore my larger brushes used for basecoating and glossing. These always seem to get gunked up quickly. The Christmas Trolls by Jan Brett is equally wonderful for its illustrations and story.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book is new to me Stokes I will have a look...
    Hope the brushes benefit.

    ReplyDelete