Saturday 19 December 2020

Albion snowball fight gaming

 

Over the next few days I intend to set up a snowball fight using these stalwarts of Albion and others. I intend to use Mark’s rules

https://tabletopscoutingwidegames.wordpress.com/2019/10/29/packing-sugar-at-freddy-street-gang-snowball-fight-scenario-write-up/

with some amendments of my own. I took these photos as my gaming set up is not too well lit and the sun seems hardly to shine here to help.  Do pop over via the link to see the snowball fight that Mark staged. 

In the Albion game the soldiers will have to be careful to avoid hitting beefeaters and other passers by or they will be in trouble! Have a great Saturday!




9 comments:

  1. Old Glory has a small range of "specials", which include "evil" snowmen and children and a set of snowball fight rules.

    I also recall Andy Callan doing the same thing, but converting 54mm plastic figures to ACW figures with snowballs to recreate several incidents that happened with snowball fights during the war, especially with Confederate Soldiers from the Deep South who had never seen snow before.

    Good stuff, this!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The historical article is new to me and sounds fascinating. The old glory winter wars stuff looks great as does similar stiff from Alternative Armies. A great project to bring out once a year...

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing the snowballs flying again - it's been far too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looking forward to it too. I am going to try a wee tweak or two perhaps. Andrew’s figures were a spur to this project.

      Delete
  3. good seasonal stuff! I'm sure Ive seen a magazine article about a snowball fight game, which seemed to involve the young Napoleon Bonaparte and his officer cadet school. Can't find it, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do I would be interested to learn more.

      Delete
    2. Found it! Arthur Harman wrote 'Snowballs at Brienne:
      A seasonal game inspired by Abel Gance’s silent film Napoleon', in Henry Hyde's Battlegames no.5, way back in Nov/Dec 2006. It depicts a snowball fight among the students at the Ecole Militaire in 1781.
      But, like the melting of the snowballs, perhaps the moment has passed?

      Delete