Sunday 3 May 2020

Dark age flats for Lurland

These are the last of the painted flats I bought last month. They are men from the East Mark. They are formidable axe wielding warriors.
The figures are fragile with their two handed axes and beautifully animated be they just standing, fighting or my favourite the running figure. I am still amazed at the movement that can be got from a two dimensional figure. I am intending not to buy more figures for the the Lurland project currently ( the Ducal war chest took a hammering) but concentrate on finishing. Basing needs to be completed, these Lurland civilians painted, twelve West Mark cavalry need painting and there are about thirty Lurland spearmen/axemen/swordsmen to paint. That should keep me busy. Longer term I am keen to buy some chariots ( probably Celtic light ones though the heavy kind are tempting ) and war elephants to add to the exotic mix and in memory of  Derek Guyler’s glorious elephants I oohed and aahed over all those years ago.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful figures - I'm sure the Duke's Accountant is tearing his hair out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In more rational moments I recall I am not going out for coffees,meals or trips and that puts things into more proportion.

      Delete
  2. Those are very nicely paint flats !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which of us has not been induced by lust..errr...our sense of esthetics...to shell out on some irrisistable, beautiful figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true. I am rationalising things by recalling I am not travelling, going out for meals,coffee or cinema etc . It puts things a little more into focus.

      Delete
  4. These are lovely... I would like to have a go at painting a flat, must be quite therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete