Tuesday 2 February 2021

Candlemas and more

 Today is Candlemas and my Eldest’s birthday. On the agenda are some enjoyable meals , a board game or two and watching a film tonight. The weather is dreich or rain , and the potentiality of going a walk has not materialised. We hope to play Tokaido this afternoon. I have mentioned it before here and am looking forward to playing it once more. It is a delightful experience to play with beautiful cards and board. An extra touch in this edition are the figures which came with it.





11 comments:

  1. Tokaido! Must admit that I’ve never heard of it but, as you say, it does look delightful.
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A terrific buy if you like board games at all.

      Delete
  2. Heavy rain and sleet here , even the dog doesn't want to go for a walk ! .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torrential rain overnight battering the windows.

      Delete
  3. Today is Groudhog Day here in Pennsylvania. Our own version of celebrations I suppose. Pulling a rodent from his burrow to prognosticate the fortunes of the weather. Nothing to see here folks...

    Oh, and we had a foot or more of snow. My sister-in-law had two and a half feet where she lives.

    I think a nice boardgame and movie night is a Good Thing.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I have no necessity to go out I would love snow like that but I fear it would just be so difficult for others. We watched Yesterday which is a fantastic fun movie. I do still envy you folks with real snow.

      Delete
  4. Sounds a nice way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all had a great birthday day together - looks an interesting and stylish board game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stylish and in, look up a how to play video to see it in iall it’s glory.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful game...and a nice mix of simple rules and challenging tactics

    ReplyDelete