Thursday 18 February 2021

Revolting Hannover or Prince Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge







 Been looking at Uniforms from Hannover and reading about Prince Adolphus. Wondered if there was a game in the Viceroy of Hannover going rogue and setting up himself as an independent king. My figures would do for Hanoverian and British forces without too much fudging. I am wondering about an expedition to Hannover to put down a potential usurped throne? Here are the prints and one of the Prince himself! As ever let me know what you think...

 

3 comments:

  1. Alan, didn't someone else mention the Salic Law and a general feeling that Victoria was too young, too questionable in her mental health, and too...female?

    Given those things, I'd say there's a general murmuring and whispering campaign which leads into a populist misunderstanding and Hanover decides that Great Britain has lost its' collective noodle putting Vicky on the throne.

    And that's all I can think of after a couple of minutes. Another 5 inches of snow this morning. I had a day off, so it's back to the War of 1812 for me...

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope 1812 went well. Just woken up to heavy rain, yuck. I have enjoyed walking locally in the sun over the last few days, doubt I will venture out today.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very interesting idea, uniforms are similar but some nice differences too. I like the idea very much.

    ReplyDelete