Sunday 7 February 2021

Games played over Zoom

 

Over the last few days I have really enjoyed my gaming via Zoom. Friday saw a Very British Civil War Platoon level game trying out rules we got seven years ago for the first time. A most exciting game ensued and has been left up to be competed on Tuesday. Yesterday morning saw me as a Taiping commander in a terrific 19th Century battle run by Graham Evans with 15mm figures and his rules. It was an exciting game played in good company and full of incident. The mix of troop types and training makes the period fascinating.Thanks to Graham for all his hard work. Yesterday afternoon saw me attend a session about using the Portable Wargame Rules in Lockdown. Bob Cordery ran the session, talked interestinglyand ran a game using a grid and six players to show what could be done remotely. I was a Brigade Commander and another exciting battle took place. One photo shows the the map I used to plan and plot on here as well as the actual game on Zoom. Thanks to Bob and Gary for this great session.Photos are in an odd order but I am sure you can work out which is which. Off to a virtual talk this morning about wargaming the 1960s. Torrential rain and wind has been replaced here by a smattering of snow. Icy pavements on the way again...





2 comments: