Friday 29 September 2023

A grand day out 1

 Yesterday saw me in Perth at the Black Watch Museum for a grand day out courtesy of Ronnie whose cunning plan it was. Splendid coffee and scones were had in the bistro prior to a guided tour. Our excellent guide Rosemary took us through the collection in a tour lasting around seventy minutes. She was welcoming, knowledgeable and most interesting. I would certainly recommend a visit and the tour.

Here is the sight that greets the visitor-




More info about the above sculpture here- https://theblackwatch.co.uk/the-hauntings/

Next time a little on the museum and its contents.



3 comments:

  1. Interesting sculpture (with 303 Mk boxes tucked away) in that it moves from one venue to another, it spreads the impact and the message around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amused that the first is response is from the "Man of Tin" - nice one Mark. Howver I'm not a fan of the sculpture or of the idea of a warrior made of scrap but then this barbarian [me] is not very cultured.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting sculpture, if a bit disturbing! Reminds me somehow of Talos, the animate statue in Jason and the Argonauts...

    ReplyDelete