Monday 4 September 2023

Railways!

 Every month l look forward to this small journal coming through the letter box-


In this high tech age there is still something exciting about hearing the post arrive and fall through the letter box, even though much of it is either bills or rubbish! 1973 was a good year in many ways hobby wise. This month’s issue was a double one with freebies also, to celebrate the 50th anniversary. 
Recently l tried to take the garden railway project a little forward-


This was bought during lockdown. Who knows it might get on the rails yet! The wiring diagram ( simple and only battery related) gives me the willies! I will persevere however,


9 comments:

  1. Great!
    I hope you keep us updated as it'll be exciting to follow your project.
    I've recently applied a RC-unit by Piko in a LGB-locomotive. It's small, easy to fit and cheap. I also went for battery (even if it can be powered by the tracks as well), and found a small chargeable 3000mAh battery in a computer shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I enjoyed your wartime train conversion recently on your blog. An excellent effort and something rather unusual.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. oo9 news, used to subscribe - when I was building oo9 layouts - a great magazine. I still have some pictures of my old layouts somewhere.

    Nice to see your garden railway project inching along - so projects do require 'a lot of looking at' between flurries of activity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an expert in such looking unfortunately.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted a 'garden railway' sadly I don't think it's going to happen .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wee stretch of line and simple halt, go on you know you want to…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. Narrow Gauge railways - so full of character. I've been thinking of joining 009 as I've recently seen that they have a section for 3' gauge fans. What gauge is the garden railway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, but I fear you will have to wait a bit…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gauge is SM32 16mm . As a casual railway modelling lurker l find the profusion of scales mind boggling! Makes us wargamers a simple crowd by comparison…
    Alan Tradgardland
    P.S join the society , the journal has given me pleasure every month without fail…

    ReplyDelete